Driver behavior contributes to over 90 percent of the crashes that kill tens of thousands of people and cost billions of dollars annually. Improving fleet safety involves more than simple driver monitoring and reactive policy measures—it requires a proactive solution to verbally coach drivers in real-time to develop safer driving habits.
ORBCOMM technology is squarely focused on the driver, and offers the only real-time fleet safety solution that detects unsafe driver behavior and offers verbal coaching before a crash or fineable offense occurs.
Improve Fleet Safety with Verbal Driver Coaching
- In-cab Verbal Coaching: Send automated in-cab verbal alerts in real-time when drivers are speeding or driving aggressively.
- Speed-by-Street™: Send automated verbal alerts when drivers exceed the speed limit on any given road segment.
- Lane Departure & Collision Avoidance: Alert drivers in real-time if they drift outside their lane or get too close to other vehicles.
Keep Drivers Safe and in View
- Seat Belt Use Alerts: Ensure drivers are wearing a seat belt by sending alerts to drivers and managers.
- Crash & Roll Over Detection: Receive instant notification via phone, text or e-mail when a vehicle has been in a crash.
- Road Hazard Awareness: Allow drivers to communicate with each other regarding hazardous areas including debris, construction and severe weather conditions.
- Emergency Call/Panic Button: Call for help via hands-free cell network communication with a single push of a button.
- Signal Jamming Detection: Help prevent hijacking by detecting the use of GPS and GSM jammers. Track stolen vehicles via GPS.
Monitor Drivers for Enhanced Fleet Performance
- Automated Exception Alerts: Receive instant notifications via text, e-mail or phone call when a driver commits a serious violation.
- Driver/Vehicle Inspection Reports (DVIR): Create fully customizable vehicle inspection checklists for operators to complete electronically.
- Driver/Fleet Scoring: Automate driver/fleet scorecards to identify safe drivers and those in need of additional training.
- Work Alone Timer: Allow drivers to set up timers warning management if they do not return to the vehicle within a given time frame.
- Vehicle Inspection Alerts: Send timed checklist alerts to remind drivers of pre/post-trip instructions and inspection requirements.
Post a Comment