Intelligent mobility for all workday heroes. We research and develop, so that you can concentrate on your job and bring over 40 years of expertise for your safety with us.
Sortimo: Intelligent mobility-unlimited possibilities
Intelligent mobility for all workday heroes. We research and develop, so that you can concentrate on your job and bring over 40 years of expertise for your safety with us.
American Eagle Drawer Systems
American Eagle Accessories Group manufactures heavy duty truck mounted drawer systems (Toolboxes) for your service truck. 500-pound capacity drawer slides make these drawers unsurpassed in the market. They even carry a limited LIFETIME warranty!
Visit www.americaneagleacc.com or call 800-392-3015 to learn more!
The BOSS DXT Plow Extended Product Line
The dual trip DXT family has grown. Learn about THE BOSS Power-V DXT extended product line and see them in action.
Highway Products Service Body - Customized for Customer Requirements
Highway Products will build a work truck customized for the customers requirements. Every customer has unique requirements for their particular trade or specific application. Certain contractors have found that a service body configured in a certain way has great benefit to them in making their daily work easier, perhaps reducing waste or getting the job done quicker. Maybe its the storage of tools and equipment,access of cabinets or ladders in a certain way. Maybe its lockable compartments, or access to the welder or air supply, etc.Maybe its adding outside scene or inside cabinet lights for night work. There are many ways to configure a work truck, many features to add that will add benefits to the contractor or municipal utility.
Find out more at: http://www.highwayproducts.com/
Fitness Goes on Tour with New #FitTruck Transit Van as Ford and Reebok Team Up on Tough Road Trip with Fitness Stars
- New FitTruck, powered by Ford and Reebok, is going on the ultimate road trip, bringing some of the most influential names in fitness – Emily Skye, Jamie Eason, Ashley Horner, Cory Gregory, “Silent Mike” Farr and others – to cities across the eastern United States
- Tour kicks off Thursday, with FitTruck driving more than 2,000 miles over seven weeks, bringing to life Reebok’s mantra that the gym is everywhere and fitness can happen anywhere
- FitTruck builds on Ford Transit’s tough, customizable platform with an eye-catching exterior and four rear seats for the influential fitness instructors who will be joining the tour along the way, as well as a gym’s worth of fitness equipment and more
FitTruck, powered by Ford and Reebok, is hitting the road on one of the most pumped-up fitness tours ever – spanning more than 2,000 miles during seven weeks this fall. The truck will pop up in locations across the eastern U.S. using Reebok’s world-class instructor network to take fitness beyond the gym with the help of the extremely customizable Ford Transit.
“FitTruck embodies the idea that the gym is everywhere and fitness can truly take place anywhere – a city, a park or your own home,” says Steve Robaire, Reebok director of instructor engagement and global events. “Today, everything can be made mobile, from food trucks, to retailing clothing and accessories, to basic health care and beyond. It just made sense to take this concept and use it to promote something healthy.”
FitTruck is bringing some of the world’s most renowned names in fitness to pop-up events, fitness boot camps and wellness clinics. Reebok’s wide instructor network, Reebok ONE, includes more than 106,000 fitness trainers from around the world.
Special guests from Reebok ONE’s network on the FitTruck tour include:
- Emily Skye: Australian fitness star and founder of the hugely popular F.I.T fitness workout
- Jamie Eason: International cover model and co-creator of Lean Body for Her natural supplementation
- Ashley Horner: Official female spokesperson for Bodybuilding.com
- Cory Gregory: Creator of the Squat Every Day program
- “Silent Mike” Farr: Co-host of the popular fitness podcast Powercast and a world-renowned powerlifting expert
One wild ride
FitTruck’s multi-state tour will take it through a number of stops:
- Oct. 20-21, Boston: Reebok headquarters will get the tour started right with a celebration. From there, FitTruck will be making stops along the way to its next stop in Virginia Beach for pop-up activations at Reebok FitHubs in cities including New York and Washington, D.C.
- Oct 24-30, New York, Washington, D.C.: FitTruck will host popup activations at Reebok FitHubs
- Oct. 30 – Nov. 6: Virginia Beach, Virginia: FitTruck’s next stop takes it to the East Coast, where it will be hitting local gyms. Ashley Horner will host a Facebook Live training session, and FitTruck will be right there as she runs a 50-mile ultramarathon through the mountains. Plus, the winner of the Win a Day to Meet and Train with Ashley Horner contest will receive a one-day training with the fitness pro herself
- Nov. 8, Raleigh, North Carolina: Touring North Carolina’s capital city, FitTruck will feature a workout with adaptive fitness athlete and professional Logan Aldridge and other local grassroots events
- Nov. 12, Charlotte, North Carolina: Next, a trip through the Queen City as FitTruck parks outside a local gym, encouraging people to stop and join fitness competitions and apparel giveaways throughout the day. Don’t miss out on the chance to win prizes for doing burpees
- Nov. 26 – Dec. 2, Columbus, Ohio: It’s game day for FitTruck, which will be tailgating outside the Ohio State University-University of Michigan football game, hosting fitness competitions and giving away prizes to students. Plus, Cory Gregory will host a Squatlife seminar. And check out the big appearance from “Silent Mike” Farr, who will shoot a YouTube video onsite
- Built Ford Tough
- Just as Reebok encourages people to enhance their lives through the physical, mental and social benefits that fitness provides, Ford empowers fleets and tradespeople every day with tough vehicles built to take on demanding jobs.
- Ford Transit features high-strength unibody construction and gives customers flexibility with 64 available configurations for 2017 – the most in its class. Built on a Transit 250, FitTruck has a high roof and 148-inch wheelbase, and is powered by a 3.2-liter Power Stroke® I5 Turbo Diesel with a six-speed SelectShift® automatic transmission.
- Two of Ford’s qualified vehicle modifiers, TransitWorks and Adrian Steel, worked together to transform this Transit cargo van – with 404 cubic feet of cargo space – into a relentless fitness machine.
- TransitWorks fitted the front of the van with four removable seats to comfortably transport the influential fitness instructors on tour, as well as a custom floor, lighting, headliner and partition. Adrian Steel custom-designed and built storage for a variety of fitness equipment, including dumbbells, barbells, weight plates, battle ropes, resistance bands, yoga mats, medicine balls and kettle balls.
“When duty calls, business professionals and commercial fleets want a vehicle with the rugged reliability to get the job done and a feature selection customized to their specific needs,” said Julie Ellenberger, Ford marketing manager for Transit. “Transit has a track record of taking on the toughest situations drivers can throw at it, whether navigating a construction site or an urban landscape. Likewise, embracing a healthy, fit lifestyle allows people to handle the toughest life can throw at them, both mentally and physically.”
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company is a global automotive and mobility company based in Dearborn, Michigan. With about 203,000 employees and 67 plants worldwide, the company’s core business includes designing, manufacturing, marketing and servicing a full line of Ford cars, trucks and SUVs, as well as Lincoln luxury vehicles. To expand its business model, Ford is aggressively pursuing emerging opportunities with investments in electrification, autonomy and mobility. Ford provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford and its products and services, please visit www.corporate.ford.com.
Reebok International Ltd., headquartered in Canton, MA, USA, is a leading worldwide designer, marketer and distributor of fitness and lifestyle footwear, apparel and equipment. An American-inspired global brand, Reebok is a pioneer in the sporting goods industry with a rich and storied fitness heritage. Reebok develops products, technologies and programming which enables movement and is committed to accompanying people on their journey to fulfill their potential. Reebok connects with the fitness consumer wherever they are and however they choose to stay fit whether it¹s training, running, walking, dance, yoga or aerobics. Reebok Classics leverages the brand¹s fitness heritage and represents the roots of the brand in the sports lifestyle market. A subsidiary of the adidas Group, Reebok operates under the multiple divisions of the Reebok brand, Reebok-CCM Hockey and the Sports Licensed Division. Reebok is the exclusive outfitter of CrossFit and the CrossFit Games, the official title sponsor of the Reebok Spartan Race; the exclusive authentic global outfitter of UFC, and exclusive apparel provider for Les Mills. For more information, visit Reebok at www.reebok.com or for the latest news at news.reebok.com.
Or, discover Reebok at the following locations: facebook.com/reebok; twitter.com/reebok; and youtube.com/reebok.
Fuel savings with APUs
What makes auxiliary power units (APUs) such a good investment today? Bill Gordon, division president of Bergstrom Parts LLC, says that the primary reasons are “fuel savings and less wear on the engine as a result of reduced idling. The fuel savings associated with reduced idling are significant. Omnitracs released a whitepaper recently that quantified the amount of money spent on idling per year at roughly $14 billion. Battery-powered systems like the NITE unit play a huge role in reducing that number and represent big savings for fleets.”
“The Carrier Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) is an integrated heating and cooling system that provides up to 12,000 British thermal units per hour (Btuh) of cooling and 10,000 Btuh of heating,” explains David Kiefer, director of sales and marketing for Carrier Transicold, Truck/Trailer/Rail Americas. “The Carrier APU also charges truck batteries, warms the truck engine and is compatible with shore power.” He adds that APUs offer potential for fuel savings as well as compliance with more prevalent and more stringent idling regulations. In addition, fleets understand the impact an APU can have on reducing truck engine maintenance. Fuel prices continue to make compelling financial incentives to use an APU.”
“In addition to the fuel savings, with which everyone is familiar, the TriPac Evolution decreases tractor maintenance costs due to reduced idle time, which increases tractor resale value,” says Steve DeLarosby, product manager of APUs at Thermo King. “Perhaps one of the biggest benefits is how the APU helps with driver retention. Our customers are experiencing a significant shortage in drivers. The TriPac Evolution allows drivers to have access to the comforts home while still being on the road, which helps improve driver satisfaction and reduces turnover. By having APU on a tractor, companies can save money by decreasing recruiting and training costs.”
“While not technically an APU, our product line provides three things: heat, air-condition and alternate power,” shares John Dennehy, vice president marketing and communications for Eberspaecher Climate Control Systems. “Eberspaecher manufactures ‘Fuel Operated Heaters’ that can heat two mediums, air or water (coolant). We don’t produce cool or additional power. We all know that fleets are having a tough time attracting and holding drivers. These heaters can defrost your windshield keeping you safe, they use minimal fuel and they work just like a home furnace, where you set the temperature and let the heater do the rest.”
The Work Truck Show® 2017 registration and housing open
Registration and housing for The Work Truck Show 2017 are available at worktruckshow.com. The event is scheduled March 14-17, 2017 at the Indiana Convention Center (Indianapolis, Indiana). Educational sessions and the Green Truck Summit begin March 14, and the exhibit hall is open March 15-17.
Note: this year, we're offering more streamlined registration packages to make it even easier to select the options you want. Already know you want to register? Click here.
Not yet an NTEA member? Join today to receive discounted member pricing on registration.
Book your room at discounted, NTEA-negotiated rates by calling 317-262-8191, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.- 5 p.m. EST or visiting worktruckshow.com
Ford Police Interceptor Utility Goes Deeper Undercover
Ford is debuting Rear Spoiler Traffic Warning Lights to complement the “no-profile” Front Interior Visor Light Bar on Police Interceptor Utility. The feature integrates bright LED lighting into the vehicle’s rear spoiler, providing law enforcement with a highly effective tool to alert drivers of emergency roadside situations while affording officers full visibility out the rear window. When deactivated, the lighting is difficult to detect for someone approaching the vehicle from the rear.
2017 Ford F-150 Raptor: 450 Horsepower and 510 lb.-ft of Torque | F-150 Raptor | Ford Performance
The 2017 Ford Raptor, equipped with the all-new 3.5-liter twin-turbo high-output EcoBoost engine, churns out 510 lb.-ft. of torque and 450 horsepower across a wide power band. Thanks to a reduction of up to 500 pounds in weight, the Raptor's EPA-rated combined fuel economy improved 23% compared to the previous generation.
Husky’s WeatherBeater floor liners now available for 2017 Ford Super Duty
Husky Liners announced that its WeatherBeater floor liners are now available for 2017 F-250, F-350 and F-450.
WeatherBeater floor liners feature raised edges to help contain spills and conform to the contours of the vehicle’s floor for a snug fit.
StayPut Cleats on the bottom of WeatherBeater floor liners keep them from shifting around on either carpet or vinyl floors.
WeatherBeater liners, which are designed and made in the U.S., come with a lifetime guarantee.
- See more at: http://www.hardworkingtrucks.com/huskys-weatherbeater-floor-liners-are-now-available-for-2017-ford-super-duty/#sthash.YPgcVSRL.dpuf
Loading paint with a BEDSLIDE
Loading 19 five gallon paint buckets made easy with a BEDSLIDE. Make your truck bed easier to access. Slide all your card under the tonneau cover on your BEDSLIDE. For more info visit BEDSLIDE.com
Ford Super Duty Customer Embodies Built Ford Tough Spirit
To help guide the design and engineering of the all-new 2017 Ford F-Series Super Duty, Ford connected with customers through a special “Insiders” program to focus on receiving honest feedback from owners who use Ford trucks every day for everything from ranching, to farming and industrial work. Nate Berges, a participant in the Insiders program, owns several Super Duty pickup trucks, in addition to a fleet of chassis cabs for his family’s awning company, of which he is the fourth-generation owner. “Ford trucks are the only trucks I will every buy,” said Berges. “Ford trucks get the job done – period.” Berges had the rare opportunity to watch UAW-Ford employees build his new F-350 at Kentucky Truck Plant, where he was able to drive it off the end of the line.
Fisher Plows - HDX Snow Plow - 3 Angles of Attack!
The HDX plow is not your standard straight blade snowplow. Customize the stainless-steel blade’s angle of attack to 55°, 65° or 75° to accommodate plowing surfaces, weather conditions or operator preference. An articulating a-frame follows plowing surface contours for a cleaner scrape.
For more information, visit http://www.fisherplows.com
Security without the cost of a Service Body - Pickup Packs by Highway Products
The Pickup Pack™ is a unique alternative for companies needing organized storage and lockup security without the cost of a service body and that can be easily installed on your pickup in a few hours.
Pickup Packs™ include a headache rack, two lockable low side boxes, a flat or dome center hatch, and a removable ladder rack. Other options include gullwing saddle box and an HPI Truckslide™.
Learn more at http://www.highwayproducts.com/pickup...
Ford's Big Trucks Hauling in Big Sales: New 2016 F-650 and F-750 Trucks Have Best Year-to-Date Since 1997
- Ford, the only full-line automaker offering vehicles in Classes 1-7, sold more F-650 and F-750 medium-duty trucks in the first eight months of 2016 than all year in 2015
- Year-to-date sales of F-650 and F-750 trucks are up 59 percent versus 2015 and at the highest level since 1997
- All-new F-650 and F-750 trucks are available with the buyer’s choice of Ford-built segment-exclusive gasoline engine or diesel engine
Sales of the all-new medium-duty Ford trucks are up 59 percent year-over-year through August, with 10,160 sold. That’s the best year-to-date sales total for Ford’s largest trucks since August 1997.
The sales growth has come quickly: The redesigned F-650 and F-750 trucks rolled off the line at Ford’s Ohio Assembly Plant near Cleveland for the first time in August 2015. Ford shifted production to Ohio from Mexico in 2015 and invested $168 million in the Ohio plant.
The F-650 and F-750 line-up includes Regular Cab, SuperCab and Crew Cab body styles, as well as straight-frame, kick-up frame Pro Loader and a new dedicated tractor model for heavy towing applications.
“We’re seeing growing interest in the new tractor from beverage and hauling fleets,” says Kevin Koester, Ford medium-duty truck and Super Duty fleet marketing manager. “Giving our customers the choice of two exclusive powertrains, available across all body styles and designed specifically for the unique needs of the vocational truck market, has really helped drive sales of our new trucks.”
Ford remains the only automaker to offer a gasoline-powered engine in the medium-duty truck segment. The 6.8-liter V10 with 320 horsepower and 460 lb.-ft. of torque is available for both F-650 and F-750 models with the heavy-duty, Ford-built TorqShift HD six-speed automatic transmission.
The 6.8-liter engine can be factory-prepped for converting to compressed natural gas or liquid propane gas as cost-effective alternatives to gasoline.
Ford is the only medium-duty truck manufacturer that designs and builds its own diesel engine and transmission combination – ensuring the powertrain will work seamlessly with all chassis components and vehicle calibrations, and providing customers with streamlined service. The Ford 6.7-liter Power Stroke® V8 turbo diesel engine delivers best-in-class standard 270 horsepower and 675 lb.-ft. of torque, plus available engine outputs of 300 horsepower with 700 lb.-ft. of torque and 330 horsepower with 725 lb.-ft. of torque. It is backed by an unsurpassed five-year/250,000-mile warranty.
“Towing and rental customers have embraced the gas engine, and others are looking at this powertrain for more severe service applications,” Koester says. “Our diesel customers are praising the quietness of the 6.7-liter Power Stroke® diesel engine. Not only is it up to 45 percent quieter in the cabin at idle than the outgoing model, it’s so quiet that customers have told us that there have been times when they’ve approached the truck in front of the grille and didn’t even realize it was running.”
Another feature resonating with customers, Koester says, is the TorqShift HD’s available Live-Drive Power Takeoff Provision. The diesel engine can crank out 300 lb.-ft. of stationary torque and 200 lb.-ft. in mobile mode, giving customers the power they need to operate a wide range of equipment on the job site. Diesel models can accommodate split-shaft PTO applications, as well. New for 2017 is the addition of mobile mode on the 6.8-liter V10 engine.
Toughest, great value and work-ready Ford medium-duty trucks ever
Ford F-650 and F-750 trucks provide the ideal combination of value, capability and upfit readiness in the medium-duty truck segment.
These attributes underscore F-650 and F-750’s position as the future of medium-duty trucks:
- Toughest: Fully designed and developed by Ford truck engineers in Dearborn, Michigan; robot-tested on taxing durability courses too demanding for human drivers; 500,000-plus miles of harsh dynamometer engine testing at extreme power levels and temperatures
- Work-ready: New upfit-friendly chassis developed in cooperation with leading industry body makers; clean chassis capable of accommodating vocational bodies with little to no modification saves time and expense
- Great value: Choice of segment-exclusive 6.8-liter V10 gas engine or 6.7-liter Power Stroke V8 diesel – both backed by Ford’s heavy-duty TorqShift HD six-speed automatic transmission enhanced for medium-duty use with great power, performance and efficiency; supported by a national network of Ford service centers to minimize downtime
About Ford Motor CompanyFord Motor Company is a global automotive and mobility company based in Dearborn, Michigan. With about 203,000 employees and 67 plants worldwide, the company’s core business includes designing, manufacturing, marketing and servicing a full line of Ford cars, trucks and SUVs, as well as Lincoln luxury vehicles. To expand its business model, Ford is aggressively pursuing emerging opportunities with investments in electrification, autonomy and mobility. Ford provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford and its products and services, please visit www.corporate.ford.com.
Aluminum Removable Tool Tray, No Plastic! - Highway Products
Tool trays made of plastic will crack, bend and break. These durable aluminum tool trays sit high on the tool box for easy access. The easy-to-grip handle enables you to remove the tray or you can slide it to the side. This simple, yet functional design allows you to organize smaller items that would normally get lost on the bottom of your tool box.
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)