Friday, June 29, 2018
Wednesday, June 27, 2018
Other industry leading design features include:
- 10 ga construction throughout on bodies with rigid sides, bodies with fold down sides have 12 ga sides
- Fully boxed and tapered dirt-shedding top rail
- Double-walled rigid sides with 6" vertical braces
- Single-walled fold down sides with 6" vertical braces
- Pockets for 6" side boards increase load capacity
- Side design includes fully boxed 45° dirt shedding top rail and a 50° sloped bottom rail for a completely self-cleaning profi le
- Front body's seamless one-piece design features triple bend top rails for long-term durability
- Stacked understructure consisting of 5" structural long members overlaid with 3" structural I-beam crossmembers spaced 16" (12" optional) apart
- 1/4 cab shield with viewing window
- Full height corner posts with rear surface sloped 6° aids in tailgate closing
- Tailgate double walled panel design fabricated from 10 ga steel featuring fully boxed dirt-shedding top and bottom rails. Two vertical braces to provide additional strength and rigidity
2-3 & 3-4 Yard Rigid & Fold Down Side Carbon Steel:
- Cabshields (1/4, 1/2, 3/4, Full) Standard and Tall
- 7-gauge floor
- Cross sills on 12" centers
- Understructure Options:
- Cab Shield Posts
- Full depth front pillars include easily locating cut-out for fast installation of cab shield insert. Makes all Eliminator LP cab shields interchangeable, helping to keep inventory low.
- Fold down sides feature a centrally located quick release lever that extends and retracts 3/4" pins at each end using a solid linkage member. Weight-saving aluminum fold down sides are optional on steel bodies.
- Low Mount Hoist
- The Eliminator LP's lower mounting height improves the body's overall stability. Actual mounting height 7 5/8".
- Rugby's patented and industry leading EZ-LATCH™ (located on each side of body) allows for easy body access. The latch system is designed for quick opening and slam lock operation with a cam action to draw-in upper tailgate pins.
Monday, June 25, 2018
Ford Motor Company Earns Its Best-Ever Score in 2018 J.D. Power Initial Quality Study; Five Nameplates Receive Highest Honors
- Ford Motor Company ranks No. 2 among all automakers in 2018 J.D. Power Initial Quality Study for the second straight year, earning its best overall score in the report’s 32-year history
- Ford quality improves for the fifth straight year with competitive boost from easy-to-use SYNC® 3 technology available for almost every Ford and Lincoln vehicle
- Ford and Lincoln vehicles earn five quality segment awards combined in the 2018 J.D. Power Initial Quality Study – more than any other automaker
Ford’s scores are helped by substantial improvements in technology quality. Almost every Ford and Lincoln vehicle equipped with SYNC® 3 connectivity technology, leads its quality segments with significantly better than average quality scores.
“Customers want a vehicle that keeps them connected whether they’re going places or just out enjoying a drive,” said Jim VanSlambrouck, Ford's Director of Quality for The Americas. “Our improving quality scores show we are delivering smart vehicles for a smart world that are also easy to use.”
Ford also showed improvements in exterior, seating, the drive experience, feature control displays, the interior and air conditioning categories. As a result Ford Motor Company earned more vehicle segment awards than any other automaker. Overall, the company has nine vehicles in the top three of their respective segments – including top honors for Ford Expedition, Ford Mustang, Ford F-Series Super Duty, Lincoln Continental and Lincoln MKC.
The Ford brand improves for the fifth year in a row and at a rate faster than the industry, showing 81 problems per 100 vehicles, down from 86 in 2017. Lincoln improves to a third-place ranking among premium brands, with 83 problems per 100 vehicles, down from 92 in 2017.
“While we’re pleased with our results, we know quality is a race that never ends – and we’ll keep pushing to deliver even higher-quality vehicles for our customers,” said VanSlambrouck.
With continuous improvements by both brands, Ford Motor Company retains its second-place ranking among all automakers in this year’s study.
About Ford Motor CompanyFord Motor Company is a global company based in Dearborn, Michigan. The company designs, manufactures, markets and services a full line of Ford cars, trucks, SUVs, electrified vehicles and Lincoln luxury vehicles, provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company and is pursuing leadership positions in electrification, autonomous vehicles and mobility solutions. Ford employs approximately 202,000 people worldwide. For more information regarding Ford, its products and Ford Motor Credit Company, please visit www.corporate.ford.com.
Sunday, June 24, 2018
- Utility Van 2 Crossbar Rack #40821 fits all compact vans (Transit Connect, ProMaster City, Chevy City Express, Nissan NV200) and all full-size Ford Transit, Nissan, Mercedes Metris vans.
- Optional Utility Van 3rd Middle Crossbar #40822 helps protect the roof from damage when loading ladder or cargo.
- Rear Roller Bar #40829 makes it easy for the operator to roll a ladder into place. #40829 is for the low roof Ford Transit ONLY.
- #40823 2 Cross Bar Rack and #40824 3rd Cross Bar are still the correct application for the Chevrolet Express and the GMC Savana.
- Each model fits compact Transit Connect, Ram Promaster City, Nissan NV200, Chevrolet City Express, and full-size Transit and Nissan vans.
- A “table-top design” which allows the cross bars to extend past the mounting foot toward the outside edge of the van roof.
Part # 40821 – Utility Van 2 Crossbars WHITE
Part # 40822 – Utility Van 3rd Crossbars for 40821 WHITE
Part # 40829 – Rear Roller Bar for 40821 FOR FORD TRANSIT ONLY
Part # 40830 – Retractable Ratchet Straps (1-1/2″ x 6″ -Mount Brackets Included – for 40821)
Saturday, June 23, 2018
Comprehensive Line-up, Streamlined Process.Our line-up of CNG vehicle systems for Ford fleets leads the industry. We offer the most competitively-priced CNG systems in the business on the most popular Ford fleet vehicles. By using our Ford Ship-thru or Certified Installer network to order, you get one invoice, Ford QVM quality, durability and reliability.
Friday, June 22, 2018
Wednesday, June 20, 2018
See how Ford continues to push the technologies built especially for trucks and shows the new 2018 Ford F-150 doesn’t just raise the bar, it is the bar.
Tuesday, June 19, 2018
Plumbing Heating and Ventilation service technicians need to carry bottles of Nitro, CO2 or Brazing torch gases to pressure test systems, purge a system, blow out coils, or solder or repair lines.
The Electrical/Telecom package is designed to satisfy your need with a 3-tank holder mounted off the rear shelf panel, four (4) drawer packs, and a lockable storage compartment for valuable components.
How about adding a drop-down rack for your different size ladders that help you get to that system? Keep your tanks at 40 cu.ft. or less if you have to carry them up the ladder!
Learn more at: http://htbi.net/
Monday, June 18, 2018
Compressed natural gas (CNG) is a clean, affordable fuel that has been used in vehicles for decades. With its popularity surging among fleet owners and consumers, more people want to know about the safety aspects of CNG. In this video Stephe Yborra from NGV America navigates through the safety and realities of driving a natural gas vehicle.
Thursday, June 7, 2018
Supreme sets the benchmark for cutaway truck bodies. Featuring a cab-access door, flat floor, and tight turning radius, our tough, sturdy Iner-City cutaway is ideal for shorter, multi-delivery routes, effortlessly carrying your cargo. Versatile and rugged, the Iner-City helps you get through the workday with dependable efficiency.
- Access your cargo without leaving your truck with a cab-access door
- Select the best sidewall for your business requirements from 4 sidewall options (availability based on size of truck body)
- Minimize front-wall damage with a durable FiberPanel® PW (FRP) front wall
- Gain more room with a flat floor Enjoy a smoother ride with a puck-mounted body
- Protect your truck body frame with durable, molded composite front corner caps
- Enjoy more cab room and stand up to move between the cab and cargo area with a full-height cab-access door. Note: Shortens interior truck body length Gain additional storage space with a cab-over attic
- Access your cargo with ease in our low-profile design that features lower floor heights Enjoy a bright interior work space by adding natural lighting with a translucent roof
- Save time, money, and maintenance costs with an aluminum slider ramp for hand-cart loading and unloading, or add a lift gate for heavier loads
- Secure your cargo with several cargo control options to best fit your business application
Tuesday, June 5, 2018
This latest list features several improvements over the previous application list, including the integration of a searchable application database. Users can now search and filter by VMAC system, vehicle model year, chassis, engine, and manufacturer to find the available vehicle integrated air compressors, multi-power systems, and Throttle Commander controls.
“VMAC is committed to being the responsive leader in mobile compressed air innovation. This spirit of innovation has resulted in the development of new online tools that help create an exceptional user experience from the start,” said Mike Pettigrew, VMAC marketing manager. “The search and filter functions on the vehicle application list enhance the online experience for our dealers and customers, allowing them to promptly find the compatible VMAC systems for their vehicle.”
In addition to the search and filter functions on the new VMAC application database, the application list also includes drop-down fields and the ability to sort results by model year, make, engine, system type, chassis, VMAC part number, max CFM and max psi. Further features include easy-to-access links to applicable system manuals and tech bulletins. VMAC dealers will find that once logged into the VMAC website, the application list will also show estimated install times for each system.
The VMAC application list has been designed to be responsive, which means it can automatically resize itself for proper viewing on mobile devices, including phones and tablets. Those who prefer to review the list on paper will be pleased to know it has been formatted to be printable with the push of a button.
“With this new interactive vehicle application list, our customers and dealers will be able to access the most accurate and current information within a matter of seconds,” Pettigrew explained. “This new tool is just the start of VMAC’s commitment to innovation online, which will continue to ensure our dealers and customers have the best online experience in the industry.”
To see the new application list, visit www.vmacair.com/application-lists.
Sunday, June 3, 2018
Made exclusively from recycled aluminum, our award-winning aluminum service bodies are a green alternative that can reduce fuel consumption by up to 10 percent. Aluminum work truck bodies are increasingly in demand due to the many benefits they deliver, including lightweight construction that is easier on a truck’s drive train, in addition to the fuel savings you enjoy. Aluminum also won’t rust, so your trucks look great and your service truck bodies serve many years before you would even consider a replacement. Aluminum industrial truck bodies are durable, too, delivering the reliable performance you need for difficult work.
Learn more at: https://www.readingbody.com/products/service-bodies/
Friday, June 1, 2018
Photo courtesy of Lightning Systems.
Lightning Systems’ line of battery-electric Ford Transit LightningElectric vans will now include a 150-mile range model, designed for three-shift operations and long-distance routes, according to the company.
The 150-mile model joins the company's existing 50-mile and 100-mile range models of the Ford Transit LightningElectric, Lightning Systems said.
The Ford Transit 350HD equipped with the zero-emissions LightningElectric drivetrain achieves 61 MPGe in the city and 66 MPGe on the highway, according to Lightning Systems. The testing is part of the newly released 2018 CARB efficiency and range validation test procedures for medium-duty vehicles.
LightningElectric is available for the Ford Transit as part of Ford’s eQVM program. The product, which went on sale earlier this year, is available for heavy-duty Ford Transits with a 10,360-pound gross vehicle weight rating, according to the company. Ford’s vehicle warranty covers the base chassis for vehicles with the Lightning drivetrain. Ford QVM dealers and upfitters perform installations and service.
The batteries of the all-electric Lightning vans can be fast-charged in 30 minutes for the 50-mile version and 90 minutes for the 150-mile version, the company said. Depending on battery option and drive cycle, LightningElectric has a payload capacity of up to 4,000 pounds.