- Auto Start-Stop to be standard across 100 percent of EcoBoost®-equipped 2017 Ford F-150 lineup, including all-new F-150 Raptor; technology could represent more than 60 percent of truck’s sales
- F-150 Auto Start-Stop technology is specially tuned for truck customers, shutting off the engine when the vehicle is at a stop – except when towing or in four-wheel-drive mode
- With best-in-class towing, payload and EPA-estimated gas mileage for 2016, F-150 continues to change the game in capability and fuel efficiency
The 2016 F-150 with 2.7-liter EcoBoost engine comes standard with Auto Start-Stop. That offering continues for 2017, with the addition of the technology as standard equipment for all 3.5-liter EcoBoost engines including the all-new high-output version for F-150 Raptor.
At the rate EcoBoost is growing, fuel-saving Auto Start-Stop could represent more than 60 percent of the truck lineup – giving F-150 the highest number of Ford nameplates offering standard Auto Start-Stop technology.
“EcoBoost already powers F-150’s best-in-class towing,” said Doug Scott, Ford truck group marketing manager. “Now, with every EcoBoost-equipped F-150 mildly electrified with standard Auto Start-Stop technology, customers’ fuel efficiency is expected to improve as well.”
Specially tuned for truck customers, Auto Start-Stop shuts off the engine when the vehicle is at a stop – except when towing or in four-wheel-drive mode – to give drivers power on demand when they need it most. When the brake is released, the engine restarts quickly.
Auto Start-Stop for F-150 benefits from Ford’s hybrid electric vehicle expertise, helping ensure smooth and refined engine restarts.
Actual fuel savings vary depending on driving patterns. The technology also contributes to a reduction in CO2 emissions due to decreased idle times.
The following Ford vehicles are available with Auto Start-Stop:
- Focus 1.0-liter EcoBoost
- Fusion 1.5-liter EcoBoost
- Edge 2.0-liter twin-scroll EcoBoost
- 2017 Escape 1.5-liter EcoBoost, 2.0-liter twin-scroll EcoBoost
- F-150 2.7-liter EcoBoost; 2017 F-150 2.7-liter EcoBoost, 3.5-liter EcoBoost, high-output 3.5-liter EcoBoost
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 197,000 employees and 67plants worldwide, the company’s automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford and its products worldwide, please visit www.corporate.ford.com
Post a Comment